Choc cherry layer
This is a quick version of a classic - Black Forest Gateaux. Chocolate brownies, drizzled with cherry juice, cherries and topped with a luscious chocolate sauce.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
What you need:
- 40g (1½oz) dark chocolate
- 2tbsp Carnation Condensed Milk
- 1tbsp warm semi skimmed milk
- 1 chocolate brownie or small chocolate muffin
- Half a 400g can cherries in natural juice
- Tip Top squirty or half fat crème fraîche to finish (optional)
What you do:
- Place the chocolate and condensed milk in a microwave safe bowl and heat very gently in the microwave until the chocolate has melted. Stir together then add the fresh milk and stir until combined.
- Crumble the brownie into the bottom of 2 serving glasses. Drain the cherries, reserving the juice. Add a tablespoon of the cherry juice to each glass over the brownie. Tumble in a few cherries on top of each and add a layer of the chocolate mixture. Squirt a little cream or dollop a spoonful of crème fraîche on top of the dessert and finish with a final cherry on top!
This page can be found at:
A short link can also be used:
Pure soy wax candles in Flack Fig & Vetiver or Lemon fragrances - perfect for any dinner party or romantic night in.
Buy now on Etsy
Do you long to make beautiful, delicious puddings to impress your friends and family but lack the time and confidence? Well, help is at hand! The Carnation
range of products is the short and deliciously sweet route to dessert heaven…
More from Nestlé Carnation
This quick-setting light textured cheesecake is the perfect answer to an alternative to the richness of Christmas pudding...
Creamy and delicious, these rum and raisin brulees are the creme de la creme of desserts - perfect as an alternative for Christmas pudding!
These mini desserts are perfect to serve up for a dinner party - what could be better than individual version of banoffee pies?
Popular in cherry recipes
Home made fruity ice lollies made with glace cherries, peaches and cherry juice.
Healthy nutty snacks, perfect for a mid-morning snack or in a lunch box.
A lightly spiced glace cherry chutney that is delicious served with cheese or on grilled pork chops or steaks.