Asparagus fettucine stir fry with peanut sauce
A tasty meal for four, or halve the ingredients and have a romantic dinner for two with aphrodisiac asparagus!
What you need:
- 375g/12oz fettucine pasta
- 225g/8oz asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2.5cm/1 inch pieces
- 225g/8oz french beans, cut into 2.5cm/1 inch pieces
- 15ml/1tbsp groundnut oil
- 1 large red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2.5cm/1 inch root ginger, chopped
- 6spring onions, water
- 30ml/2tbsp shoyu
- 30ml/2tbsp crunchy peanut butter
- 15g/1/2 oz basil, torn
- 15ml/1tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 25g/1 oz plain peanuts, roasted and chopped
- Extra basil leaves to garnish
What you do:
- Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the packet, drain and keep warm.
- Steam the asparagus and green beans for 5 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a wok and quickly fry the chilli, garlic, ginger and spring onions for 1 minute. Add the asparagus and green beans, mix well and cook for 2 minutes.
- Cream the water, shoyu and peanut butter together and stir into the vegetables with the basil and sesame oil. Add the warm pasta and toss well to combine. Turn into a serving dish and sprinkle with the peanuts. Garnish with basil leaves and serve.
Recipe created by the Cordon Vert cookery school
This page can be found at:
A short link can also be used:
Pure soy wax candles in Flack Fig & Vetiver or Lemon fragrances - perfect for any dinner party or romantic night in.
Buy now on Etsy
The Vegetarian Society is a registered charity committed to promoting the health, environmental and welfare benefits of a vegetarian diet.
More from Vegetarian Society
These Halloween snails look deliciously slimy. Who's going to be brave enough to take the first bite?
A fantastic ale and mushroom pie recipe perfect to warm you up when it's chilly outside and you want something tasty and filling
Need some get up and go in the morning? This smoothie is just what you need. Ready, steady...
Popular in stir fry recipes
A delicious, vegetarian dish from Dragons' Den entrepreneur, Levi Roots
A lovely vegetarian stir-fry ready in a matter of minutes!
This is a really versatile dish where the pak choi can be swapped for savoy cabbage, chinese leaves or spring cabbage