Potato, vegetable & roast garlic soup
A winter warming soup ideal to make and take for lunch!
What you need:
- 25g Butter
- 2 tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 4 Cloves of Garlic, peeled and roasted with a little oil in a hot oven for 10 mins (this can be done in advance and chilled)
- 300g Aunt Bessie's Frozen Finely Diced Vegetable Mix
- 5 Large Baking Potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 1/2 dice
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh chopped Rosemary
- 2 ltrs Water
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 200mls Double Cream
- 200g Aunt Bessie's Frozen Finely Diced Vegetable Mix for garnish
What you do:
- Heat the oil & butter in a heavy-bottomed pan and add the 250g Aunt Bessie's Frozen Finely Diced Vegetable Mix, fry off without colouring over a low heat for 15-20 mins.
- Add the potatoes, rosemary and garlic and stir into the mix for a few mins.
- Pour in the water and cook out the potatoes until they start to break up.
- Liquidize with a hand blender or in a food processor until smooth and velvety, add the cream and season to taste.
- Add the vegetable garnish and return to the heat and allow to gently simmer for 8-10 mins.
- Serve in warm bowls with some crusty bread.
This page can be found at:
A short link can also be used:
Aunt Bessie's is probably most famous for its delicious Yorkshire puddings but is always looking at new ways of making meal times even better. It has now created a whole range of delicious dishes that taste as good as homemade.
More from Aunt Bessie's
Yorkshire pudding filled with winter warming cottage pie
Indulgent, chocolatey pancakes, perfect served with a big scoop of dairy ice cream
Delicious roast beef canapes, perfect for the buffet table
Popular in soup recipes
Spice up a simple tomato soup recipe with chilli and paprika, then serve with a dollop of sour cream and chive dip and warm crusty bread
This is such a great soup if you've just battled through wind and rain to get home. Serve with muffins or crusty bread
Healthy and full of vitamins, this soup is also a great winter warmer and it's made with soya, so it's vegan too!