Cheesy chilli potato cakes
Great as a starter or as an exciting accompaniment, these potato cakes will soon make the top of your recipe pile!
- Preparation: 15 mins
- Cooking: 8 mins
- Serves: 4
What you need:
- 800g Peeled and Diced Potatoes
- 100g Grated Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Red Chilli - Finely Chopped
- 2 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 2 tbsp Flour
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 20g Chopped Coriander
- Oil for shallow fying
What you do:
- Place the diced potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with cold water.
- Bring the pan to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes until tender
- Drain the potatoes and mash.
- Fry the chilli and paprika for 1 minute in some of the olive oil. Add the remaining ingredients and including the mashed potato.
- Divide into 8 and pat into flat and round cakes.
- Heat a little oil in a non stick frying pan and fry the potato cakes in 2 batches for 1-2 minutes on each side until golden.
This page can be found at:
A short link can also be used:
are the ultimate taste sensation that have stood the test of time. They're great value for money, quick and easy to cook and provide a wealth of essential nutrients.
More from Potato Council
Alex says: 'This is simply yummy, as spicy as you fancy with the King Edwards catching a lovely lick of the chicken's roasting juices.'
A delicious side dish to serve with any curry or Indian meal
Alex says: 'This is the good King Edward's twist on the Greek filo pastry pie, Spanakopita.'
Popular in potato recipes
Don't just boil those potatoes - make them a dish in itself with this delicious traditional recipe
Warming, filling and very very tasty. Perfect for after an autumnal walk in the park or a trip around the shops!
These potato cakes are delicious on their own, or serve them alongside a light meal to bulk it up and keep guests or your family satisfied!