Coffee & ginger cheesecake
An indulgent treat for summer!
- Preparation: 30 mins
- Cooking: 120 mins
- Serves: 8
What you need:
- 200g ginger snap biscuit crumbs
- 80g melted butter
- 8g Douwe Egberts Instant coffee (Pure Indulgence), diluted with 2 tbsp hot water
- 300g cream cheese
- 370ml whipped cream
- 60g caster sugar
- 5 lumps of stem ginger
- 4 leaves of gelatine
- 8 inch round loose-bottomed tin or 6 small individual food rings
What you do:
- Mix together the biscuit crumbs with the melted butter. Press the crumbs into the base of your tin or food rings and keep in the fridge.
- In a bowl, beat together the cream cheese and sugar until the sugar has dissolved. Add in the Douwe Egberts coffee mixture and mix until well blended.
- In another bowl whisk the cream until it thickens.
- Cut your gelatine leaves into smaller pieces using a pair of kitchen scissors and place in a small bowl with 2 tbsp of cold water. Leave for a few minutes until soft and then place the bowl over a pan of hot water and whisk until dissolved.
- Mix the gelatine into the coffee mixture and then gently fold the coffee mixture into the whipped cream along with 3 of the lumps of stem ginger finely chopped.
- Pour this mixture over the biscuit base and place back in the fridge to set.
- Decorate the top of your cheesecake by cutting the remaining 2 lumps of stem ginger into small wedges and arranging on top. Serve with a drizzle of ginger syrup from the stem ginger jar.
This page can be found at:
A short link can also be used:
Pure soy wax candles in Flack Fig & Vetiver or Lemon fragrances - perfect for any dinner party or romantic night in.
Buy now on Etsy
With an unrivalled heritage in the coffee world and more than 250 years’ experience in making truly exceptional blends, Douwe Egberts is guaranteed to add the finest coffee flavour to your cooking.
More from Douwe Egberts
A magnificently indulgent dessert which tastes even better than it looks!
A light, refreshing dessert - the perfect way to end any dinner party!
This delicious dessert couldn't be easier to make - a great way to impress dinner guests over the summer time!
Popular in cheesecake recipes
This strawberry cheesecake makes your mouth water just at the sight of it - so it's not too much of a stretch to imagine how much your tastebuds will like this too!
A delicious minty cheesecake perfect for a dinner party or a tasty treat!
These no-bake cheesecakes are made even easier because the melted white chocolate provides all the sweetness for the cream cheese so no need for extra sugar.