Mint & vanilla cheesecake
A delicious minty cheesecake made with After Eight, the nation's favourite after dinner mint. Perfect for a dinner party or a tasty treat!
- Preparation: 15 mins
- Cooking: 20 mins
- Serves: 6
What you need:
- 125g light digestives
- 100g After Eight mints (12)
- 25g reduced fat spread
- 600g light or medium fat soft cheese
- 100g golden caster sugar
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 125g fat free (0%) Greek yogurt
- 2 medium eggs
- To serve, 100g fresh raspberries
- 1tbsp raspberry jam
What you do:
- Lightly grease a deep 20cm cake tin with a removable base. Preheat the oven to 180ËC, 350ËF, Gas Mark 3.
- Whizz the biscuits and the After Eight mints in a food processor, to make fine crumbs. Melt the low fat spread and add to the crumbs, until the mixture comes together. Tip into the tin and press down firmly to make a neat, base crust.
- With an electric whisk, beat the soft cheese, sugar and vanilla together in a large bowl and then add the yogurt, and the eggs, one at a time. Mix until well blended.
- Stand the tin in a roasting dish and pour the filling over the crumb base. Bake for 20 minutes until it has just set around the edges but is still wobbly in the middle. Turn the oven off and leave the cheesecake in there to cool slowly for a couple of hours: it will continue to cook and this helps to avoid the top cracking, so don't open the oven door.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve, preferably overnight.
- To serve, loosen the edges of the cheesecake with a spatula and unmould onto a plate. Crush the raspberries lightly, combine with the jam and spoon on top.
The pure peppermint oil in After Eight mints gives a light mint flavour to the cheesecake crumb. The chocolate helps to reduce the amount of fat in the recipe, as it melts to bind the crumb together. You can use any combination of fruit on top; sliced clementines cut the sweet vanilla filling well.
This page can be found at:
A short link can also be used:
Nestle have been making some of the nation's favourite chocolate bars, sweets and sugar confectionery for over 100 years, including everyone's favourite after dinner mint, the After Eight.
More from After Eight
A delicious chocolatey pudding, perfect to finish off a dinner party
Popular in cheesecake recipes
This strawberry cheesecake makes your mouth water just at the sight of it - so it's not too much of a stretch to imagine how much your tastebuds will like this too!
These no-bake cheesecakes are made even easier because the melted white chocolate provides all the sweetness for the cream cheese so no need for extra sugar.
This quick-setting light textured cheesecake is the perfect answer to an alternative to the richness of Christmas pudding...