Hazelnut coffee meringues
A magnificently indulgent dessert which tastes even better than it looks!
- Preparation: 30 mins
- Cooking: 120 mins
What you need:
- 50g toasted ground hazelnuts
- 1 tbsp Douwe Egberts Instant coffee (Pure Smooth), ground finely in pestle and mortar
- 2 egg whites
- 220g caster sugar
- 1 jar chocolate and hazelnut spread
What you do:
- Oven temperatures in 150°C/300°F/Gas Mark 2
- Pre-heat the oven and line a baking tray with parchment. Mix the hazelnuts with the ground Douwe Egberts coffee.
- To make the meringues, separate 2 egg whites into a large grease-free clean bowl. Using an electric hand whisk - starting on the slowest setting - begin whisking the egg whites until you reach the foamy stage, then increase the speed to medium for 1 more minute. Next, increase the speed to the highest setting working through soft peaks to stiff peaks. Next, gradually add in the sugar and continue whisking at top speed until it has all been incorporated.
- Carefully fold in the hazelnut and coffee mixture, creating a marbled effect.
- Drop tablespoon-sized dollops onto your lined baking tray before putting them on the middle shelf of your oven.
- Cook for 30 mins before turning the oven off and leaving until the oven has gone cold (usually 3-4 hrs). This allows the meringues to dry out.
- Before serving, sandwich each meringue together with a tsp of chocolate and hazelnut spread.
This page can be found at:
A short link can also be used:
Pure soy wax candles in Flack Fig & Vetiver or Lemon fragrances - perfect for any dinner party or romantic night in.
Buy now on Etsy
With an unrivalled heritage in the coffee world and more than 250 years’ experience in making truly exceptional blends, Douwe Egberts is guaranteed to add the finest coffee flavour to your cooking.
More from Douwe Egberts
An indulgent treat for summer!
A light, refreshing dessert - the perfect way to end any dinner party!
This delicious dessert couldn't be easier to make - a great way to impress dinner guests over the summer time!
Popular in meringue recipes
The ultimate colourful bite-size dessert - great for kids' parties or baking with the children!
Perfect for a hot summer's afternoon, but really easy to make, just top them with whipped cream and a berry sorbet to cool everyone down
This is a fantastically creamy exotic dessert with passion fruit, meringue and mango - perfect for a dinner party and really quick to make