Tomato & red onion galettes
Grab some Jus-Rol pastry and use up all the cherry tomatoes and onions you've got left at the end of the week!
What you need:
- 500g pack of Jus-Rol Frozen All Butter Puff Pastry – thawed
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 2 small red onions - peeled
- Little olive oil for brushing
- Black pepper to season
- Beaten egg
- 24 basil leaves
What you do:
- Preheat oven to 220°C (200°C for fan assisted ovens) 450°F/Gas Mark 7
- Roll out pastry to a rectangle approx 24 x 34cmcm/ 9.5in x 13.5in. Using a 5cm/1.5" cutter, cut out 24 discs. Place on a baking sheet.
- Cut the tomatoes in half through their 'equator', cut each onion into half and then each half into 6 wedges. Brush cut surface of tomatoes and onion very lightly with oil.
- Brush each pastry disc with beaten egg, then place a halved tomato and onion wedge in centre of each. Bake for 10 – 12 minutes until pastry is risen and golden. Serve warm garnished with a small basil leaf.
This page can be found at:
A short link can also be used:
Jus-Rol is the UK's pioneering pastry company, committed to providing the highest quality chilled and frozen pastry products. The product range includes ready rolled pastry sheets in both puff and shortcrust pastry, pastry blocks, as well as individual puff pastry rounds, large shortcrust pastry cases and handy pie lids.
More from Jus-Rol
A delicious, fruity dessert - the best in comfort food and just mouth-watering served with a big dollop of creamy custard
This chicken, pesto and spinach tart looks so delicious it seems a shame to cut into it! But once you do, don't expect it to be there for long!
A delicious quick and easy open tart, perfect for a summer lunch or picnic
Popular in pastry recipes
Forget the traditional Cornish pasty, this sweet potato, smoked cheese and squash version is twice delicious!
Crumbly feta with juicy aubergine in easy-to-make pastry, with an added kick from onion marmalade/chutney