Mediterranean vegetables, mozzarella & pesto pittas
A delicious pitta filled with roasted vegetables of your choice that would be perfect for either lunch or dinner.
- Preparation: 8 mins
- Cooking: 30 mins
- Serves: 2
What you need:
- 1 red and yellow pepper, roughly chopped
- 1 red onion, quartered
- 1 courgette, cubed
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 2 Mission Cracked Black Pepper Pitta Breads
- 1 tub fresh pesto
- 8 mozzarella pearls or a few slices
- Garnish with basil leaves
What you do:
- Place the vegetables on a baking tray, season and drizzle over the oil.
- Bake at 180 C for 30 minutes or until the vegetables are soft.
- Sprinkle the pitta breads with a little water, warm through and split.
- Fill with the roasted vegetables, mozzarella and pesto.
- Garnish with some freshly torn basil leaves.
- The filled pitta breads are delicious eaten hot or cold.
This page can be found at:
A short link can also be used:
If you're looking for the authentic Mexican-American taste of tortillas, wraps and tortilla chips, you can't make a better choice than Mission Foods
More from Mission Foods
These are a perfect alternative to a tradtional sandwich for kids during the summer holidays!
A tasty warm pitta option, best served with a light greek salad.
These energy wraps make a great lunch - they're packed with slow-releasing carbohydrates and energy-releasing B vitamins to keep you going longer
Popular in mozzarella recipes
Melted mozzarella and spicy salsa make perfect appetisers for guests, or just add a salad and you've got a lovely lunch!
These moreish mini cheese and tomato pizzas are ideal for sharing and take just five minutes to make...