Pasta salad with broad bean pesto
Perfect for January, this pasta salad is a healthy, filling and tasty option
- Preparation: 15 mins
- Cooking: 10 mins
- Serves: 4
What you need:
- 350g pasta, such as penne or farfalle
- 200g podded broad beans
- 15g basil leaves
- 1 fat clove garlic, crushed
- 15g Parmesan cheese, grated, plus extra to serve
- 100ml olive oil
- salt and pepper
What you do:
- Cook the pasta in plenty of boiling salted water according to the pack instructions. Drain and rinse under cold water. Leave to drain in a colander while you prepare the pesto.
- Cook the broad beans in plenty of boiling water for about 4-5 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water. Shell the beans and discard the skins if necessary, very small, young beans will be fine as they are.
- Put the beans, basil, garlic and Parmesan into a food processor and whizz for a few seconds until combined but not completely smooth. Then, with the motor running, add the oil in a steady stream until you have a thick sauce. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss the cooked pasta with the sauce to coat. Serve the salad with barbecued chicken pieces or other grilled meat.
This page can be found at:
A short link can also be used:
Pure soy wax candles in Flack Fig & Vetiver or Lemon fragrances - perfect for any dinner party or romantic night in.
Buy now on Etsy
British beans and peas
British beans and peas evoke the taste of summers gone by. From June to September every year savour some of the freshest British Runner, Broad and Dwarf Beans and Peas that are home grown and bursting with goodness.
More from British beans and peas
Crunchy runner beans with fresh peas and healthy couscous - this is a super healthy vegetarian dish
Red wine and blue cheese in a risotto? The perfect, easy adult dinner
If you've got vegetarians over for dinner and no idea what to cook - this is an easy and delicious recipe
Popular in penne recipes
With hardly any preparation required, this pasta dish delivers exactly what it says it will, it's quick and delicious!
Salty parma ham with deliciously sweet asparagus makes a main course full of flavour and filling too
Comfort food doesn't get much better than this creamy mushroom penne and it's ready in just 15 minutes