Broad bean & lemon-dressed aubergine with pine nuts
If you've got vegetarians over for dinner and no idea what to cook - this is an easy and delicious recipe
- Preparation: 10 mins
- Cooking: 30 mins
- Serves: 4
What you need:
- 2 aubergines, cut in half
- 2tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 200g broad beans, podded (approx. 400g unpodded)
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 tsp tahini
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 200g feta, crumbled
- 100g pine nuts, toasted
- Small bunch of flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper
What you do:
- Preheat the oven to 200°C /400°F.
- Score the aubergines with a sharp knife, brush them with the olive oil and then season with salt and pepper.
- Place them on a baking tray and put in the oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- While you are waiting for the aubergines to cook, bring a medium sized pan of salted water to the boil, then cook the broad beans for 2 minutes, drain and refresh under cold water, then squeeze the beans out of their shells and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together the lemon juice and zest, tahini and extra virgin olive oil, season with salt and pepper and add the broad beans.
- Once the aubergines are cooked, divide between 4 plates, sprinkle over the feta, pine nuts and parsley, then spoon over the broad bean dressing and serve.
This page can be found at:
A short link can also be used:
Pure soy wax candles in Flack Fig & Vetiver or Lemon fragrances - perfect for any dinner party or romantic night in.
Buy now on Etsy
British beans and peas
British beans and peas evoke the taste of summers gone by. From June to September every year savour some of the freshest British Runner, Broad and Dwarf Beans and Peas that are home grown and bursting with goodness.
More from British beans and peas
Crunchy runner beans with fresh peas and healthy couscous - this is a super healthy vegetarian dish
Red wine and blue cheese in a risotto? The perfect, easy adult dinner
Don't reach for the pesto jar for this pasta dish, why not try making your own?
Popular in aubergine recipes
These aubergine and mozzarella rolls are a lovely Mediterranean vegetarian dish perfect for eating in the sunshine, or a healthy salad indoors!
This recipe is completely dairy free, but if you like cheese these vegetable stacks are lovely topped with a slice of griddled Halloumi
Caponata is a traditional Sicilian vegetable dish made a little easier to make with these ingredients