Quark macaroni cheese
A great family favourite, this classic dish has been given the healthy treatment.
- Preparation: 15 mins
- Cooking: 25 mins
- Serves: 6
What you need:
- 200g macaroni or other similar tube pasta
- 300ml semi-skimmed milk
- 2 tbsps (30g) cornflour
- 500g The Lake District Dairy Co. Quark
- 1 tsp (5ml) Dijon mustard
- 170g low fat mature cheddar
- 55g finely grated parmesan
- 200g cherry tomatoes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
What you do:
- Lightly butter a 1.125ml shallow ovenproof baking dish
- Boil the macaroni in plenty of salted water for about 10-12 mins until just tender but still with some bite.
- Preheat the grill
- Mix the milk with the cornflour in a large saucepan, then gradually whisk in The Lake District Dairy Co. Quark and mustard
- Slowly bring to the boil, stirring or whisking continuously. Boil gently for 1-2 mins then stir in the cheddar cheese. Season to taste
- Drain the pasta then stir into the sauce, pour into the buttered dish and level. Halve the cherry tomatoes and arrange cut-side up over the surface. Scatter the parmesan over the top and place under the grill (not too close or it will burn) for about 5 mins until brown and bubbling
This page can be found at:
A short link can also be used:
Lake District Dairy Co. Quark
The Lake District Dairy Co. Quark – a naturally fat free and a brilliantly versatile dairy ingredient that's great for cooking, mixing and baking. It adds smooth, creamy richness without the extra calories and is great in sweet and savoury dishes. It’s available in three great flavours: Original, Lemon and Vanilla.
More from Lake District Dairy Co. Quark
Everyone will be hungry when they smell and see the wonder that is beautiful fried mushrooms and warm melted quark oozing between the toast
These doughy disks are a joy to make and with spiced lamb, a tasty sauce and a bit of salad, BOOM! You've got a totally awesome meal in your hands.
Popular in macaroni recipes
This favourite family recipe from the 1970s is given a twist with the addition of leeks and mushrooms.
Macaroni with a large helping of stretchy melted cheese and a creamy topping - comfort food doesn't get any better than this
Comfort food at its best! This great family favourite is given a colourful new twist with the addition of turkey, Peppadew Peppers and broccoli.