Asparagus & salmon lasagne
Lasagne can be a bit tricky to make, but it's so worth the effort. And if you're looking for a lasagne that's a bit different, the salmon adds a tasty, unusual flavour
Preparation and Cooking Time: 1 hour
What you need:
- 175g/6oz British asparagus
- 50g/2oz butter
- 50g/2oz plain flour
- 850ml/1½ pints milk
- Zest of a lemon and juice of half a lemon
- A good handful of chopped fresh chives, dill and parsley
- 50g/2oz Parmesan
- 225g/8oz dried lasagne
- 700g/1½lb skinless salmon fillet, cut into large chunks
- Black pepper
What you do:
- Clean the asparagus and trim any white ends or peel with a vegetable peeler.
- Preheat the oven to Gas mark 5, 190c, 375f.
- Heat the butter in a large pan, then cook the flour for 1 minute; remove from the heat. Gradually whisk in the milk and cook, stirring, until thickened and smooth and season with black pepper.
- Remove from heat and stir in the dill, chives lemon juice and zest and half the Parmesan. Check the seasoning.
- Spoon and spread a little of the sauce over the base of a 2litre ovenproof dish and arrange a layer of lasagne sheets, overlapping, on top. Scatter over a third of the salmon and asparagus, followed by some of the white sauce. Continue to layer up, finishing with pasta topped with sauce. Sprinkle over the remaining chives and Parmesan.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until cooked through and golden on top.
This page can be found at:
A short link can also be used:
British Asparagus is hailed by leading chefs as the best in the world. It's packed with nutrients, bursting with taste and a truly versatile vegetable. Just don't miss out on its relatively short season of just seven to eight weeks!
More from British Asparagus
This recipe's really quick to make with tender asparagus and nutty Parmesan the stand-out flavours in this dish
Salty parma ham with deliciously sweet asparagus makes a main course full of flavour and filling too
Scallops take some beating for a fresh flavour of the sea and with asparagus and sweet chilli, this recipe's full of aphrodisiac ingredients
Popular in lasagne recipes
A shortlist of 5 quality ingredients is all you need to make this easy, impressive family favourite. Go on - give them a taste of what they really love!
A great, traditional recipe, sure to keep the whole family happy. Don't forget the garlic bread!
Gorgeous lasagne, sure to impress the eyes and taste buds