Broad bean & sun-dried tomato salad with grilled lamb
Just because it's healthy doesn't mean it's lacking flavour - lemon, mustard and garlic give this dish a real kick
- Preparation: 20 mins
- Cooking: 15 mins
- Serves: 4
What you need:
- 600g podded broad beans
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 small clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus extra for cooking cutlets
- 30g sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained and chopped
- 2 tablespoons shredded mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 8-12 lamb cutlets
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
What you do:
- First cook the broad beans. Bring a pan of water to the boil, add the broad beans and simmer for 4-5 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water. Shell the beans and discard the skins.
- In a bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, mustard and garlic, then gradually whisk in the olive oil. Add the shelled broad beans, sun-dried tomatoes and herbs. Stir gently to combine, adding seasoning to taste.
- When you are ready to serve, heat a griddle pan until hot. Brush the lamb cutlets with olive oil and sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper. Cook the cutlets on the hot griddle for a few minutes each side, until cooked to your liking. Season the cooked cutlets with a little salt and allow to rest for a couple of minutes before serving.
- Serve 2-3 cutlets to each person, along with a generous helping of the broad bean salad.
This page can be found at:
A short link can also be used:
Pure soy wax candles in Flack Fig & Vetiver or Lemon fragrances - perfect for any dinner party or romantic night in.
Buy now on Etsy
British beans and peas
British beans and peas evoke the taste of summers gone by. From June to September every year savour some of the freshest British Runner, Broad and Dwarf Beans and Peas that are home grown and bursting with goodness.
More from British beans and peas
Crunchy runner beans with fresh peas and healthy couscous - this is a super healthy vegetarian dish
Red wine and blue cheese in a risotto? The perfect, easy adult dinner
If you've got vegetarians over for dinner and no idea what to cook - this is an easy and delicious recipe
Popular in lamb recipes
A taste of the middle east, perfect for a mid-week supper
You can't beat a baked dish for feeding the family - and this is one of the best, made easy for you with red and white sauces for lasagne.
Juicy lamb shanks with shallots, mint and harissa sauce create a fantastic Tunisian dish - just serve with couscous