Spicy chicken & couscous
Mediterranean vegetables go perfectly with this spicy chicken and couscous dish with a taste of Morocco
Total calories: 466 kcal
Total fat: 10.8g
Saturated fat: 2.2g
Polyunsaturated fat: 3.0g
Monounsaturated fat: 4.2g
Total Protein: 32g
(Soya protein: 1.9g)
What you need:
- 2 (150g/6oz) boneless, skinless corn fed chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 tbsp Ras-al-Hanout (morrocan spice) or 1 tbsp curry powder
- 2 tsp paprika
- pinch of ground cinnamon
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 200g/7oz baby courgettes, trimmed and halved
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and cut into chunks
- 4 baby carrots, peeled and halved
- 8 midi plum tomatoes
- 150g/6oz cous cous
- 2 tbsp Alpro soya organic alternative to plain yogurt
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander leaves
What you do:
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC/Fan180ºC/Gas Mark 6. Put the chicken pieces into an ovenproof dish and season with freshly ground black pepper. Sprinkle over the spices, garlic and tsp of olive oil. Cover and leave flavours to mingle for a few minutes or longer if you've time. Roast for 20 mins until the chicken is golden.
- Put the courgettes, red pepper and carrots into a roasting tin and drizzle with the remaining 1 tsp olive oil. Roast for 15 mins, add the tomatoes and cook for five more mins until the vegetables are tender.
- Put the cous cous into a bowl and pour over 200ml boiling water or stock. Leave for a few minutes for all the liquid to absorb.
- Mix together the Alpro soya organic alternative to plain yogurt with the fresh coriander leaves. Serve alongside the spicy chicken and roasted vegetables.
This page can be found at:
A short link can also be used:
Alpro Soya creates delicious products for you to enjoy any time of the day. Made from the goodness of the whole soya bean, they are prepared with care and with the utmost respect for people and planet.
More from Alpro Soya
Don't just boil those potatoes - make them a dish in itself with this delicious traditional recipe
Looking for a vegetarian alternative for Christmas dinner? Try this traditional and delicious nut roast
Start the day with this substantial breakfast that will give you enough energy to last until lunchtime
Popular in chicken recipes
For a quick and easy evening meal, chicken, leek and Cheddar bake, with melt in the mouth cheese, will be a firm family favourite that takes just 10 minutes to prepare
While you're getting this together, why not double up on the ingredients and freeze a lovely chicken and leek pie for another time?
Easy to prepare, these chicken dippers are perfect handed round at parties!