Homemade oven-baked chicken dippers & potato wedges
Easy to prepare, these chicken dippers are perfect handed round at parties!
- Preparation: 15 mins
- Cooking: 40 mins
- Serves: 4
What you need:
- 4 baking potatoes, cut each into 8 wedges
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 - 3 tbsp plain flour, seasoned
- 2 medium eggs, beaten
- 100g fresh white breadcrumbs
- 50g grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 4 medium skinless and boneless chicken breast fillets, cut each into 6 strips
- Heinz salad cream lemon & black pepper, to serve
What you do:
- Preheat the oven 220C, fan 200C, gas 7.
- Place the potatoes in a pan of salted water, bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes and drain.
- Place the wedges onto a large baking tray, toss in the oil and season. Place in the preheated oven on the top shelf for 20 minutes, turning halfway.
- Meanwhile place the flour on a plate, followed by the eggs on another plate.
- Mix together the breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese and paprika, and place on a third plate.
- Dust the chicken in the flour to coat thoroughly, tapping away any excess. Then dip them into the beaten egg, followed by the Parmesan breadcrumbs.
- After 20 minutes of cooking the wedges, turn them and move the wedges onto the next shelf down. Place the chicken onto a lined large baking sheet (the one that comes with the oven is ideal) and place the chicken on the top shelf and cook everything for a further 15 minutes until the chicken is cooked and the wedges are crispy.
- Serve immediately with lots of Heinz salad cream lemon & black pepper to dip into.
If you don't have time to make the wedges, then cook some Aunt Bessie's Jacket Wedges according to the pack instructions.
This page can be found at:
A short link can also be used:
Pure soy wax candles in Flack Fig & Vetiver or Lemon fragrances - perfect for any dinner party or romantic night in.
Buy now on Etsy
Heinz Salad Cream
Heinz Salad Cream has been wowing the nation for over 80 years. There really is nothing else to compare with its tangy taste - and of course, it complements far more than salads, go to our inspiration page for more recipe ideas.
More from Heinz Salad Cream
Forget the Eighties classic in a cocktail glass, this version is right up to date and includes smoked salmon!
You'll love this recipe! The creaminess of the coleslaw goes perfectly with the salty gammon and sweet pineapple.
Lemon perfectly complements salmon so you might just have found your perfect tart recipe!
Popular in chicken recipes
For a quick and easy evening meal, chicken, leek and Cheddar bake, with melt in the mouth cheese, will be a firm family favourite that takes just 10 minutes to prepare
While you're getting this together, why not double up on the ingredients and freeze a lovely chicken and leek pie for another time?
This chicken, pesto and spinach tart looks so delicious it seems a shame to cut into it! But once you do, don't expect it to be there for long!