Lemon soy chicken tray bake
An easy all-in-one family dish
- Preparation: 25 mins
- Cooking: 90 mins
- Serves: 4
What you need:
- 8 chicken thighs, boneless and skin on
- 4 tbs Kikkoman Soy Sauce
- juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tbs caster sugar
- 1 onion finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 tbs rosemary, very finely chopped
- 50g breadcrumbs
- 400g maris piper potatoes, peeled quartered
- 2 red onions, peeled and quartered
- 1 lemon, halved
- 1 head garlic, halved horizontally
- Black pepper
- 2 tbs olive oil
- Parsley, to garnish
What you do:
- Marinade the chicken thighs in the Kikkoman Soy Sauce, lemon juice, zest and sugar for at least two hours.
- Fry the onion and garlic with some oil for around 5 mins until softened, add the rosemary and breadcrumbs. Remove the chicken from the marinade and shake off the excess, reserve the marinade for basting. Open out the thighs with a sharp knife and stuff, use a cocktail stick to secure stuffing.
- Par boil the potatoes for 5 mins and add to a roasting tray along with the chicken, red onion, squeezed lemon halves and garlic, then season with pepper. Drizzle over some olive oil and bake in an oven set at 200c/180 fan/gas mark 6 for 1hr. 20 mins. Before the end of cooking, scatter over any remaining breadcrumbs, and return to the oven until golden. Garnish with some flat leaf parsley and squeeze over the juice from the roasted lemons and serve
Use your favourite herbs in place of rosemary if you wish
This page can be found at:
A short link can also be used:
Kikkoman's world famous naturally brewed soy sauce is still made to the same traditional recipe created in Japan 300 years ago using just soybeans, wheat, salt and water to bring out the flavour of your dishes.
More from Kikkoman
This scrumptious chilli con carne contains a little dark chocolate to make it rich and deep and flavour, but don't worry, you won't be able to taste it as such
Make something a bit different from your usual chicken stir-fry with sticky sweet honey and garlic to coat the chicken
This is the simplest way to prepare prawns, just follow our recipe and you'll have peppery soy prawns in a flash!
Popular in chicken recipes
For a quick and easy evening meal, chicken, leek and Cheddar bake, with melt in the mouth cheese, will be a firm family favourite that takes just 10 minutes to prepare
While you're getting this together, why not double up on the ingredients and freeze a lovely chicken and leek pie for another time?
Easy to prepare, these chicken dippers are perfect handed round at parties!