Bellaverde & salmon tagliatelle
Healthy and counting towards one of your five a day, Bellaverde broccoli is a great addition to your favourite meals and this salmon tagliatelle is no exception
Preparation: 5 mins
Cooking: 20 mins
What you need:
- 200g Bellaverde broccoli
- 350g/12oz tagliatelle
- 225g/8oz skinless and boneless salmon fillets
- 150ml/1/4pt dry white wine or stock
- 25g/1oz butter
- 4 spring onions, finely sliced
- 300ml/1/2pt single cream
- chopped fresh dill to garnish if liked
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
What you do:
- Cook the tagliatelle in a large pan of boiling salted water for 8-10 mins or until just tender or ‘al dente’. Drain in a colander.
- Whilst the pasta cooks, place the salmon in a medium frying pan, add the white wine and salt and pepper. Cover, bring to the boil, then simmer for 5-6 mins or until the salmon is just cooked and flakes easily.
- Transfer the salmon to a plate and break into large flakes with a fork. Increase the heat and simmer the cooking liquid until it is reduced to about 45ml/3tbsp.
- Meanwhile, wash and prepare the bellaverde® by trimming the base of each spear and chopping the remaining into 3cm pieces. Add the butter to the reduced wine, then add the spring onions and bellaverde® and sauté for 3 mins. Add the cream, cover and simmer for 3-4 mins or until the bellaverde® is tender.
- Remove the lid, stir in the salmon and season to taste. Add the sauce to the cooked tagliatelle, then toss until coated in the sauce. Serve sprinkled with a little dill if liked.
Bellaverde broccoli takes just three minutes to cook with nothing being wasted, it can all go into the pan. An 80g serving counts as one of your 5-a-day and contains just 26 kcals.
This page can be found at:
A short link can also be used:
If you’re looking for broccoli with a unique, sweet taste which is not only a versatile ingredient but is equally delicious when eaten on its own, then look no further than Bellaverde.
More from Bellaverde Broccoli
Packed full of goodness, this pasta dish will have your family well on their way to their five a day!
A tasty oven bake which is great as a midweek family meal
Steak and Hollandaise sauce is always a crowd-pleaser, just add some Bellaverde broccoli and the meal's complete!
Popular in salmon recipes
Lemon perfectly complements salmon so you might just have found your perfect tart recipe!
A fantastic flavour pairing by top London chef Theodore Kyriakou who says: 'I like eating the salmon pink in the middle with some rice pilaf.'
You need just three main ingredients for this easy family dish - salmon, pastry and onions