Corn flake oatcake
Once you've tasted these, no other oatcakes will do! Quick and easy to make, try them with cheese and salad for a healthy light lunch
Preparation: 20 minutes
Baking: 15-20 minutes
Makes: 16 to 20
What you need:
- 100g self raising wholemeal flour
- 50g rolled oats
- 60g Kellogg's Corn Flakes, lightly crushed
- 100g sunflower spread
- Pinch of salt
- 1-2 tbsp skimmed or semi-skimmed milk
- 1tbsp sesame seeds
What you do:
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F), gas mark 4.
- Place dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add sunflower spread and rub in evenly.
- Add enough milk to just bind mixture together.
- Press together with hands to form the dough and place half the dough on a large lightly floured piece of greaseproof paper.
- Roll out half the dough on the paper forming a 3mm thick circle using the paper to turn the dough around. Keep pressing mixture together if it cracks.
- Score lightly into eight segments.
- Very carefully place on a greased baking sheet and bake in a moderate oven (180°C) for 15 minutes or until slightly golden.
- Cut into segments while still warm and leave to cool on a baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to cooling rack to cool completely.
- Repeat with other half of dough.
- Keep stored in an airtight container.
- Use poppy seeds, sunflower seeds or linseeds as alternatives to sesame seeds.
- Add a savoury topping, for example cheese and salad vegetables.
- Cut into shapes using pastry cutters.
- Cut into star and moon shapes for Halloween and serve with waxed mini cheeses cut into pumpkin faces.
This page can be found at:
A short link can also be used:
Kellogg's is one of the most influential and innovative brands in the world, producing more than 40 different cereals, including Coco Pops, Crunchy Nut Cornflakes and Special K.
More from Kellogg's
A modern take on an old favourite - this no-pastry tart is scrummily sticky with lots of lemon taste to balance its sweetness
Chewy, yummy... these oaty cookies are munchily more-ish. See how quickly they disappear when you put them out for friends!
Devised by celebrity chef Simon Rimmer, this is a dinner party classic with a modern twist
Popular in cake recipes
This recipe just makes my mouth water! Smooth, sweet buttercream with tempting, moist chocolate cake. Don't try and resist!
Classic lemon drizzle cake with a twist! The elderflower cordial adds an extra sweet flavour to this delicious cake. Try it and see!
For a surprising treat, the tomato ketchup cake is sure to tantalise your tastebuds!