Sensational smoked pork sausage salad
Sausage and mustard added to fresh green leaves creates a lovely warm salad - perfect for summer and winter!
Serves: A family of 4
What you need:
- 1 Mattessons Smoked Pork Sausage - sliced
- 500g new potatoes - cleaned and thickly sliced
- 200g green beans - trimmed and chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red onion -thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons coarse grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 bag of mixed salad leaves
What you do:
- Cook the potatoes in a pan of boiling water for 10 - 12 minutes until tender, adding the green beans after 7 - 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a frying pan; add the red onion and cook over a medium heat for 5 minutes, add the Smoked Pork Sausage to the onion and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes and beans well; tip them into the frying pan with the onion and sausage.
- Mix the remaining oil with the mustard and vinegar; stir into the frying pan and heat through. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Place a spoonful of the warm mix onto a plate and top with mixed salad leaves.
This page can be found at:
A short link can also be used:
Pure soy wax candles in Flack Fig & Vetiver or Lemon fragrances - perfect for any dinner party or romantic night in.
Buy now on Etsy
Mattessons Smoked Pork Sausage
Smoked Pork Sausage come in four varieties - reduced fat, original smoked, garlic smoked and hot and spicy smoked.
More from Mattessons Smoked Pork Sausage
If you've never tried pasta with sausage in it, this is the perfect recipe for you to put on the table - your family will thank you for it!
Feed your family for less than £3 with this credit crunch winter warmer smoked pork sausage and bean casserole
Popular in sausage recipes
This is a classic British dish that's like a giant sausage roll. Serve with greens and mustard for a traditional dinner for two
Cocktail sausages cooked in honey are popular finger food, but wait until you've tried these sweet chilli versions
This is the best breakfast, especially if you've over-indulged a little the night before, but don't save it until then, it's great for dinner too!