Chicken with bellaverde & black bean sauce
A really healthy meal full of flavour and will put dinner on the table for four people in just 20 minutes
- Preparation: 10 mins
- Cooking: 10 mins
- Serves: 4
What you need:
- 400g Bellaverde® broccoli
- 30ml/2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 60ml/4 tbsp unsalted cashew nuts
- 4 Chicken breast fillets, sliced
- 2.5cm/1in piece root ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 spring onions, trimmed and sliced
- 4tbsp/60ml Chinese cooking wine (or dry sherry)
- 6 tbsp/90ml black bean sauce
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
What you do:
- Wash and prepare the bellaverde® by trimming a little off the end of each spear. Heat the oil in a large frying pan or wok, add the cashews and stir fry for 1 min or until they are golden. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add the chicken to the wok and stir fry for 5 mins, or until pale golden. Add the bellaverde® and 3 tbsp water stir fry for a further 1 min, then cover and cook for a further 2 mins.
- Remove the lid, stir in the ginger, garlic and onions then stir fry for a further 1 min. Add the wine or sherry and black bean sauce, followed by the cashews. Serve straight away with rice or noodles.
This page can be found at:
A short link can also be used:
If you’re looking for broccoli with a unique, sweet taste which is not only a versatile ingredient but is equally delicious when eaten on its own, then look no further than Bellaverde.
More from Bellaverde Broccoli
Packed full of goodness, this pasta dish will have your family well on their way to their five a day!
A tasty oven bake which is great as a midweek family meal
Steak and Hollandaise sauce is always a crowd-pleaser, just add some Bellaverde broccoli and the meal's complete!
Popular in broccoli recipes
These Mexican wraps are versatile, healthy and easy to prepare. If you're making this for younger children then omit the chilli powder.
Sweet potato and Tenderstem broccoli make a delicious and nutritious combination that's packed with vitamins, minerals and fibre.
James says: 'I've always found that Tenderstem broccoli and eggs go particularly well together. There's something about the golden yolk oozing over the fresh green shoots that is irresistible.'