Strawberry, toasted almond & caramel pancakes
A truly indulgent pancake recipe, this is something you'll want to eat more often than just once a year on Pancake Day! Ideal for breakfast or dessert, the strawberry, caramel and yoghurt topping is also delicious on toasted waffles or slices of Madeira cake.
- Preparation: 5 mins
- Cooking: 10 mins
- Serves: 4
What you need:
- 100g flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 300ml milk
- Oil for frying
- 20 Viva strawberries, chopped
- 2tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp caramel sauce
- 300ml Greek yoghurt
- 2 tbsp, heaped, toasted almonds
What you do:
- In a bowl, sprinkle the sugar over the strawberries and leave to macerate while you make the pancakes. Switch your oven on to a low heat.
- Place the flour in a bowl and gently whisk in the milk and eggs so you have a lump free batter. It should be the consistency of singe cream.
- Heat a medium sized frying pan on a medium heat then wipe it with oil. Ladle enough batter into the pan to coat the base with an even, thin layer when you tilt it around the pan.
- Leave the batter to stand until the top side looks dry and the bottom is golden, usually around 30 seconds. Using a fish slice or a flick of the wrist, turn or flip the pancake to cook the other side. Once cooked pop it on a plate, cover with foil and keep it warm in the oven. Repeat this till all the batter is used up and you have a pile of pancakes.
- Gently fold the juicy strawberries and caramel through the yoghurt till it just ripples. Serve 2 pancakes per person topped with a dollop of the yoghurt mixture and scatter with almonds.
This page can be found at:
A short link can also be used:
More from Viva Strawberry
Macaroons are the perfect dessert to follow a romantic dinner - the perfect treat!
Viva strawberries and chocolate are a match made in heaven and make a delicious treat and a healthier alternative to a bar of chocolate.
Making delicious homemade ice-cream doesn't have to be difficult thanks to this easy strawberry ice-cream
Popular in pancake recipes
Indulgent, chocolatey pancakes, perfect served with a big scoop of dairy ice cream
What could be more fun on Pancake Day than setting fire to your dessert?
Delicious Scotch pancakes with caramelised oranges and a dollop of low-fat whisky crème fraiche