Pappardelle with green beans in a cream, herb & lemon sauce
Creamy and comforting but at the same time zesty and fresh, this pasta dish has its origins in the north of Italy and is perfect for those great British summer evenings when it's not quite as balmy as it should be!
- Preparation: 10 mins
- Cooking: 12 mins
- Serves: 4
What you need:
- 350g dried Pappardelle, or other wide ribbon pasta
- 25g unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 350ml double cream
- 4 teaspoons finely chopped mixed herbs (rosemary, thyme & sage are great)
- Zest and juice of 2 lemons
- 80g finely grated parmesan, plus extra to serve
- Sea Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 300g green beans, tailed & cut into two
- 50g finely chopped flat leaf parsley
What you do:
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil. Add the pasta and cook according to the packet instructions.
- Whilst the pasta is cooking, melt the butter in a small heavy bottomed saucepan and gently fry the garlic for a minute or so, taking care not to burn it.
- Add the cream and gently heat until it is just coming to boiling point, then add the herbs, lemon zest and juice.
- Add the parmesan and stir to mix. Taste the sauce and season carefully with plenty of freshly ground black pepper and a little sea salt. Keep warm over a low heat.
- Cook the green beans in a pan of salted water until just tender (about 3-4 minutes), drain well and add to the sauce.
- Drain the pasta and toss it through the cream sauce.
- Serve immediately with extra parmesan sprinkled on top.
This page can be found at:
A short link can also be used:
Pure soy wax candles in Flack Fig & Vetiver or Lemon fragrances - perfect for any dinner party or romantic night in.
Buy now on Etsy
British beans and peas
British beans and peas evoke the taste of summers gone by. From June to September every year savour some of the freshest British Runner, Broad and Dwarf Beans and Peas that are home grown and bursting with goodness.
More from British beans and peas
Crunchy runner beans with fresh peas and healthy couscous - this is a super healthy vegetarian dish
Red wine and blue cheese in a risotto? The perfect, easy adult dinner
If you've got vegetarians over for dinner and no idea what to cook - this is an easy and delicious recipe
Popular in pappardelle recipes
Celebrity chef Aldo Zilli has devised this recipe that tastes delicious, is ready in a flash and costs under £1 per serving!
Chef Paul Collins' delicious vegetarian pasta recipe