This fresh seafood and spicy chorizo paella cooked with a rich tomato and basil sauce makes a perfect one-pot dinner to share alfresco.
What you need:
- 1 x 150g Loyd Grossman Tomato & Basil Pasta Sauce
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 150g of cooking chorizo, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced to small cubes
- 1 medium red chilli, thinly sliced
- 200g paella rice, preferably Calasparra rice
- 1 pinch saffron
- 2 tsp smoked sweet paprika
- 600ml boiling chicken or vegetable stock
- 6 large prawns, shell on
- 225g fresh cooked mussels, king prawns and squid rings
- 100g frozen peas
- 2 tbsp fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
What you do:
- Heat the olive oil in a paella dish or heavy-based saucepan. Add the chorizo and fry until coloured.
- Mix in the red pepper, chilli and paella rice, stirring until the rice is coated and glossy.
- Add the saffron and paprika, stir well, then pour in the hot stock and gently simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour in the Tomato and Basil sauce, peas and large prawns, mix and simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the mixed seafood and cook for a further 4-5 minutes, ensuring the rice is cooked and the seafood is piping hot.
- Top with chopped parsley and serve with lemon wedges.
This page can be found at:
A short link can also be used:
Pure soy wax candles in Flack Fig & Vetiver or Lemon fragrances - perfect for any dinner party or romantic night in.
Buy now on Etsy
Try Loyd Grossman's deliciously tasty food range, including pour over sauces, soups, pasta and breads, for premium quality and inspired variety.
More from Loyd Grossman
With hardly any preparation required, this pasta dish delivers exactly what it says it will, it's quick and delicious!
A fusion of juicy tomatoes, fresh cream, natural yoghurt with aromatic spices and a hint of honey served with king prawns
A healthy and filling meal perfect for the family that you don't have to stand over while you make it, just keep checking it's moist!