PurAsía Thai Red Curry
Juicy monkfish and tiger prawns add an exciting seafood twist to traditional Thai red curry - try it and see!
What you need:
- Onion, garlic, ginger & chilli paste.
- Thai red curry paste.
- Whole spices.
- 450g monkfish & tiger prawns
- Sweet peppers
- 1 400ml can coconut milk
What to do:
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in a large non-stick frying pan. Add the onion, garlic, ginger & chilli paste (sachet 1) and fry over a low heat for about one minute (pre-frying the paste really helps to infuse the flavours). Add the monkfish & tiger prawns, cut into medium sized pieces and cook until sealed on all sides.
- Add the Thai red curry paste (sachet 2) and stir to coat the seafood over a medium heat. Stir in the can of coconut milk and bring to a simmer. Add the vegetables.
- Add the whole spices (sachet 3) and basil and simmer gently for about 5-7 minutes, or until the seafood is cooked.
- Serve with Jasmine rice.
This page can be found at:
A short link can also be used:
In only three simple steps, PurAsia
's carefully selected herbs, pastes and spices will help you unlock the secrets of outstanding Asian food in your own kitchen. Take an Oriental journey with PurAsia, and be enlightened...
More from PurAsia
Three easy steps is all it takes to prepare this creamy Royal Korma that tastes great with lamb or chicken
Make a delicious thai green prawn curry in just three easy steps with this quick recipe
This stir-fry is so easy to make, it's ready in just three quick steps and you can use beef or chicken - whatever you've got handy!
Popular in monkfish recipes
A rich and creamy blend of aromatic spices, double cream, toasted flaked almonds and a hint of coconut served with monkfish
You might think this is an odd collection of flavours, but when they're put together and you've tasted it, you'll make it again and again!
This quick and easy dish can be griddled or barbequed depending on the time of year. Try using chicken breasts instead of monkfish for a less expensive alternative