Christmas rum & raisin chocolate ice cream pudding
A tasty alternative to the traditional Christmas pudding
What you need:
- 100g raisins
- 150g dark rum
- 400g panettone or brioche (pre-sliced will be easier)
- Two x 500ml tubs Green & Black's Organic Chocolate Ice Cream
- Single cream to serve (optional)
What you do:
- Soak the raisins in the rum overnight.
- The following day, a few hours before you wish to serve it, assemble the pudding as follows.
- Remove the ice cream from the freezer and allow to soften - but not completely melt - for around 30 minutes. Drain the raisins, reserving the unabsorbed rum. Take a 3 pint/1.5 litre pudding basin and line with a couple of lengths of cling film, ensuring there is plenty to fold over once the pudding is constructed.
- Once sufficiently softened, empty the ice cream into a large bowl, add the drained raisins and mix quickly and thoroughly, trying to limit further melting.
- Line the pudding basin with slices of panettone/brioche, making sure you reserve some for the lid. Some slices will need cutting up a bit to fill in the gaps. Sprinkle the bread with the reserved rum, saving a bit for the lid. NB. you can omit this and ditch the reserved rum if you prefer a less boozy pudding.
- Scoop the ice cream/raisin mix into the lined basin, pressing down a little to ensure there are no gaps. Fashion a lid out of slices of the remaining bread and sprinkle with the remaining rum. Wrap the edges of the cling film over the top of the bread lid. Place a suitably sized side plate over the top and press firmly but gently.
- Put in the freezer for the ice cream to re-harden (for at least four hours).
- When ready to serve, remove the basin from the freezer, remove the plate and unwrap the edges of the cling film to reveal the lid. Place a dinner plate on top and then invert. Pull off the basin and then peel off the cling film.
- Cut into wedges and serve with or without a splash of single cream and a glass of mulled wine!
This page can be found at:
A short link can also be used:
Green & Black's
At Green & Black’s, we’re a devoted group of chocoholics and are committed to crafting quality organic products using only the finest ingredients. We’ve stayed true to Green & Black’s founding principles by delivering the perfect balance of taste and ethics. This means we ensure that great care is taken to only source the best organic ingredients, to create a supreme addition to the iconic chocolate brand.
Popular in christmas recipes
This simple Christmas cake recipe makes a moist, delicious cake with a wonderful mixture of rich and fragrant tea-soaked fruits
This is a great way to finish off Christmas cake or as an alternative to Christmas pudding.
The longer you soak the fruit for these Christmas cakes, the better the flavour will be. Then make the cake a few days before for a moisty gorgeous spongy texture. Heavenly!