Summer salad of British greens
This is a wonderful, healthy salad to try when the season for fresh, British greens begins. By not blanching the green vegetables too much, you will still taste the delicious, crisp texture and freshness
- Preparation: 20 mins
- Cooking: 10 mins
- Serves: 4
What you need:
- 400g fresh purple sprouting broccoli
- 300g asparagus
- 200g fresh radish
- 200g fresh podded peas
- 100g sesame seeds
- 50ml rapeseed, grapeseed or other vegetable oil
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 2 tbsp soya sauce
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- Sea salt and pepper
What you do:
- Firstly prepare the vegetables. Wash and trim the purple sprouting broccoli, the asparagus and the radish. Slice the broccoli and asparagus into 3 cm pieces, and slice the radish thinly. Place the radish in a bowl of cold water.
- Using a double layered steamer, boil some water and steam the purple sprouting broccoli, the asparagus pieces and the peas for approximately 5-7 minutes. The vegetables should be quite tender, but still green and slightly crisp. Remove the vegetables from the steamer and set aside to cool on a clean preparation tray.
- In a little jug mix together the sesame seeds, rapeseed oil, zest and juice of the lime, the soya sauce, sugar, a pinch of sea salt and a generous grating of black pepper.
- In a roomy salad bowl, mix together the steamed purple sprouting broccoli, asparagus and peas. Add the drained radish slices.
- Add the soya and lime dressing. Toss the salad well. Serve.
This page can be found at:
A short link can also be used:
Love Your Greens
Love Your Greens
is dedicated to the finest, tastiest, healthiest British veg money can buy - cauliflower, broccoli, cabbage, swede and sprouts.
Popular in salad recipes
Dean says: 'This makes a fantastic veggie meal and it's ready in less than 15 minutes!'
If you're looking for a really healthy salad for a light lunch, this one will fill you up with goodness!
You can't accuse this salad of being boring - the couscous with a medium spice curry flavour give it a real kick