Scrumptious first grown-up biryani, tasty yet full of healthy ingredients.
- Preparation: 20 mins
- Serves: 4
What you need:
- 100g basmati rice
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- Large pinch of turmeric
- 1/2 small sweet potato (about 175g) peeled and roughly chopped
- 1/2 small courgette, peeled and roughly chopped
- 50g frozen peas
What you do:
- Place the basmati rice into a sieve and rinse under cold running water until the water runs clear
- Heat vegetable oil in a small saucepan and fry the onion for 3-4 minutes until softened. Add curry powder and turmeric and cook for a further 1 minute
- Add the rice and pour over 225ml water. Bring to the boil, cover and turn to the lowest heat setting possible and simmer for 10-12 minutes (do not lift the lid)
- Meanwhile, place the sweet potato and courgettes into the Philips AVENT Combined Steamer and Blender jug. Pour 100ml water into the boiler and steam for 10 minutes. Add frozen peas and tomatoes to the jug and 50ml water to the steamer unit and steam for a further 5 minutes
- Carefully lift the lid from the saucepan and fluff-up the rice with a fork. Tip the vegetables from the steamer unit into the rice and stir through to combine
- Serve warm
Handy cook's tip:
Not suitable for freezing
This page can be found at:
A short link can also be used:
Pure soy wax candles in Flack Fig & Vetiver or Lemon fragrances - perfect for any dinner party or romantic night in.
Buy now on Etsy
Philips AVENT is the No. 1 recommended brand by UK Mums* with its products loved by Mums and Babies across the UK.
More from Philips Avent
A delicious main meal for your child starting to appreciate chunkier food!
Delicious, creamy puree, ideal for using up seasonal butternut squash for autumn
Delicious yet healthy fish and chips, ideal for a baby shifting from puree foods to chunkier.