Blueberry compote with vanilla custard topping
Bursting with vitamin C and antioxidants, blueberries are the perfect ingredient for a guilt-free delicious dessert
What you need:
- 300g blueberries, washed
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- Grated zest of 1 unwaxed lemon and juice of ½ lemon
- 3 x 150g pots Waitrose Wild Blueberry Yogurt Dessert
- ½ x 500g tub Waitrose Perfectly Balanced Vanilla Custard
- 200g pot Waitrose Natural Fromage Frais
- ½ x 25g pack fresh mint, to serve
What you do:
- Keep aside a handful of blueberries for decoration, then place the remainder in a small pan with the caster sugar and lemon juice to make a compote. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 3-4 minutes until the berries start to burst and release their juice. Remove from the heat and cool completely.
- Place the blueberry yogurt desserts, custard, fromage frais and lemon zest in a bowl and stir to combine.
- Spoon the cooled blueberry compote into the bottom of 6 glasses, then top with the custard mixture. Chill for 30 minutes or until ready to serve.
- Before serving, decorate with the reserved blueberries and a sprig of mint. Serve immediately with almond thin biscuits.
Handy cook's tips
Prepare the compote the day before and refrigerate until needed. For a more indulgent version, replace the lemon juice with 1-2 tablespoons of crème de cassis.
This page can be found at:
A short link can also be used:
More from Waitrose
If you're bored of the usual salad ingredients, this recipe should certainly tickle your tastebuds!
Popular in blueberry recipes
Delicious creamy rice with a fruity touch, ideal for tea time or as a snack.
A delicious fruit compote, served with a cool dollop of yoghurt