Red pepper & aubergine bake
This delicious recipe was created by celebrity chef Giancarlo Caldesi for Dolmio's Tastes of Italy premium sauce range
Serves 4 as a main course
What you need:
- 1 jar of Taste of Sicily Dolmio sauce
- 1 medium aubergine(250g)
- 1 courgette (280g)
- 1 red pepper (218g)
- 1 yellow pepper (240g)
- 1 large potato
- 6 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ red chilli, roughly sliced, optional
- 25g pinenuts
- 100ml water
- 125g ball of buffalo Mozzarella, roughly chopped
What you do:
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C. Put the potatoes onto boil in their skins in plenty of boiling salted water. When done peel them while still hot and cut into large chunks.
- Meanwhile, chop the aubergines into large chunks. Cut the peppers into thick slices, discarding the seeds and core. Heat the oil in a large frying pan and when hot, add the vegetables and potatoes. If you like things hot, throw in some chilli too. For those that prefer some crunch, add the pinenuts too. Fry until starting to brown and becoming soft. Keep stirring and tossing the pan. Season with plenty of salt and pepper. Pour in the water and let it reduce.
- Divide the contents of the pan between four individual serving dishes and then add a quarter of the Mozzarella to each, pushing the pieces in slightly. Scatter over the Parmesan and bake for around 10- 15 minutes or until browned and sizzling.
- Serve with crusty focaccia.
This page can be found at:
A short link can also be used:
Pure soy wax candles in Flack Fig & Vetiver or Lemon fragrances - perfect for any dinner party or romantic night in.
Buy now on Etsy
Dolmio's products burst with variety and include Taste of Italy sauces, My Dolmio Pasta Range, My Dolmio Sauce Range, lasagne sauces, pasta bakes, stir-in sauces, express pasta, Bolognese and express pasta sauce.
More from Dolmio
A shortlist of 5 quality ingredients is all you need to make this easy, impressive family favourite. Go on - give them a taste of what they really love!
Lasagne is so delicious - everyone enjoys it! Why not try this delicious vegetarian version - packed with healthy fresh vegetables to help you towards your 5-a-day target
If you love seafood, you'll adore this fabulous fish lasagne. Use fresh fish from the counter, or make the most of convenient packs of mixed frozen seafood to make it easy for you