Rice is more than just a winter warmer. Enjoy Tilda Pure Basmati in summer dishes too, either as an accompaniment or for a main course. Mediterranean rice (recipe below) makes a perfect, easy to prepare lunch or light and simple supper and any leftovers can go in the next day’s lunch box.
- Preparation: 10 mins
- Cooking: 15 mins
- Serves: 4
What you need:
- 150g Tilda Pure Basmati Rice
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 50g SunBlush tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 50g black olives, pitted and cut in half
- 1 x 400g can chickpeas in water, drained
- Large handful rocket leaves
- 100g Feta cheese, crumbled
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
What you do:
- Cook the rice in a large pan of boiling water following pack instructions. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Meanwhile add the olive to a large pan and when hot add the onion. Gently fry for 3-5 minutes until softened.
- Add the sunblush tomatoes, olives and chickpeas and fry for a few minutes.
- Stir in the rocket and cooled rice and heat until piping hot. Stir through the feta cheese and season well with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Delicious with warmed pitta breads and natural yoghurt drizzled over the top.
This page can be found at:
A short link can also be used:
Pure soy wax candles in Flack Fig & Vetiver or Lemon fragrances - perfect for any dinner party or romantic night in.
Buy now on Etsy
is proud of its reputation for uncompromising quality and a commitment to sustaining the legendary status of Basmati and the Tilda Basmati brand worldwide.
Popular in rice recipes
If you love olives, you'll love this recipe and the good news is this rice salad's really good for you too!