Pistachio pesto with gluten-free pasta
Delicious and healthy main meal recipe from American Pistachio Growers, perfect if you're starting the New Year on a health kick!
- Preparation: 10 mins
- Cooking: 20 mins
- Serves: 6
What you need:
- 450g gluten-free dried pasta
- 150g unsalted shelled pistachios
- 50g spinach
- 7g fresh basil leaves
- 50g Parmesan cheese, grated
- Zest (finely grated) and juice of 1 lemon
- Pinch black pepper and salt to taste
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Finely grated lemon zest
- Grated or shaved parmesan cheese
What you do:
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Add the dried pasta and cook according to directions. While the pasta is cooking, make the pesto.
- Put the pistachios in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a steel blade. Process until the nuts are coarsely ground. Add the spinach, basil, parmesan cheese, lemon zest and juice, pepper and olive oil. Process until smooth. If the pesto is too thick, add a little more olive oil. Taste and add a pinch of salt if desired.
- Drain the pasta and return to the pot.
- Add the pesto and toss to coat the pasta. Serve immediately with optional garnishes.
This page can be found at:
A short link can also be used:
American Pistachio Growers
American Pistachio Growers is a voluntary trade association representing members who are pistachio growers, processors and industry partners in America. APG pistachios are the “Official Snack” of both USA Water Polo and Miss California. For more information, visit www.AmericanPistachios.org.
Popular in pesto recipes
Don't reach for the pesto jar for this pasta dish, why not try making your own?
Pasta's a filling dish for the family and this cavolo nero pesto pasta is ready in just 15 minutes - perfect for mid-week meals