Mildly spiced seafood salad with raita style dressing
Mild and ready in 25 minutes, this seafood salad is a real treat with crab meat, king prawns and cod and a delicate spicy flavour
Heat rating: 1
Preparation time: 10
Cooking time: 15
What you need:
- 4 tbsp Patak's Korma Curry Paste
- 225g shallots, peeled and chopped
- 225g plump raw king prawns
- 225g squid rings or skinless, boneless cod, cut into chunks
- 120g tinned white crab meat
- 3 tbsp 0% fat Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp reduced fat mayonnaise
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 tsp black mustard seeds
- 1 whole cucumber, cut into fingers
- handful fresh coriander leaves, torn
- 1 tbsp lemon or lime juice
- few lettuce leaves
What you do:
- Heat a large wok or non-stick frying pan and cook the shallots for three minutes, adding a splash of water if necessary to prevent the shallots from over browning.
- Add the Patak's Korma Curry Paste and allow it to sizzle for one minute and then add the prawns and squid (or cod). Cook for 10 minutes or until the prawns have turned pink.
- Add the crab and stir gently. Remove from the heat.
- Stir in the Greek yogurt and mayonnaise. Leave to cool.
- Dry fry the seeds in a small pan until they start to jump in the pan. Remove and put into a large bowl with the cucumber, coriander and lemon or lime juice. Fold in the prawn mixture.
- Serve with lettuce leaves and garnish with coriander.
This page can be found at:
A short link can also be used:
Patak’s - Be inspired by over 150 Indian recipes to help you create authentic, delicious meals at home.
More from Patak's
An Indian meal wouldn't be complete without the traditional onion bhajis and they take just 25 minutes to prepare and cook
This recipe is a wonderful starter or snack and taste great with homemade dips. It can easily be made for vegetarians by substituting the lamb with mashed potatoes.
Share these colourful, tasty dips and salsas with friends - perfect for eating al fresco
Popular in salad recipes
Quick and easy to make and full of flavour, this dish will be sure to impress.
Try this summery salad for something different this month