Simple fish & chips
Created by TV chef Paul Bloxham, this fish and chips dish is really easy to make and much better for you than the traditional takeaway!
What you need:
- 400g floury potatoes such as Maris Piper, King
- Edward and Desiree
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 x 200g skin on white fish i.e. cod or haddock fillets
- 1 medium egg, beaten
- 100g fresh white breadcrumbs
What you do:
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, gas mark 6.
- Peel and cut the potatoes into 1cm slices and then into chips. Place in a large bowl or plastic bag and add the oil, toss well to coat. Transfer to a large non stick baking tray. Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Meanwhile, dip the fish in the egg and coat in breadcrumbs; add to the baking tray with the chips for the last 20-25 minutes. Season with vinegar and a sprinkling of salt and twist of black pepper.
Paul's handy tip:
'Try also serving your chips with pollock, bream, snapper or sole to make a tasty and eco alternative.'
This page can be found at:
A short link can also be used:
National Chip Week
Celebrate National Chip Week with Love Chips
from 9th to 15th February 2009.
Popular in cod recipes
Quick and easy to make whilst being very light and healthy, this is good food at its best.
This tender cod with a crunchy exterior is so full of flavour, you won't need much to accompany it, so keep it light with just a leafy green salad
Tender salmon and cod, with sweetcorn, cheese and spring onions, this fish pie will live up to its name and soon become a firm family favourite